This week’s challenge from Chuck Wendig:
I just finished reading Ozzy Osbourne’s memoir , in which he said that one of his roommates at Betty Ford snored “like a moose with a tracheotomy.” The belly laugh I got out of that inspired me to write my descriptive list about snoring.
- like a hibernating bear
- A jackhammer in the middle of the road, noisily pounding away into the concrete.
- the sounds of an unidentifiable wounded animal
- Darth Vader with a sinus infection
- the sound of a blender on the ‘frappe’ setting throughout the night
- Powerful enough to dislodge window dressings (a sure sign I grew up watching endless amounts of cartoons.)
- a lion announcing his presence
- an auditory form of Chinese water torture for the non-snorer sleeping next to them.
- a prophet of doom heralding another sleepless night for their non-snoring sleepmate
- a chainsaw buzzing through the trunk of a giant Sequoia